Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am real tired of winter and this cold weather, I live in Stueben county NY, so I guess I still have at least a couple months to wait for good riding weather. And I have about 1 1/2 miles of dirt road to get to the hard top so that's not much help either. I don't mind the cold, I rode to work up until the first week in Oct. this year. I have been trying to get a few things done to my bike, well up until it got to cold, no heat where I park my bike. It's a 2008 900 classic by the way. I got my sissybar and luggage rack put on, the windshield, head light visor and windshield bag. I still have the mudflap for the front fender (because of the dirt road), ISO Chrome flame grips and the chrome trim for the tank rim and maybe the fenders. As soon as It gets warmer and I can get the thing I have now on it and get some pictures I'll figure out how to post them. Right now the only picture I have is one of my bike at the dealers before I bought it. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WARMER WEATHER!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am withyou guys hurry up spring I got My Vulcan in November and due to a really mild fall I was able to get about 500 kilometers on her,but am chomping at the bit to get out and ride. I will probably have to wait until late March as they spray some salt mixture on the roads here and the white crap that comes up from that is terrible the cars are all white, and I would not want to spend 5 hours cleaning the bike so we need warmer weather and a few good rain storms to clean that stuff up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes indeed, hurry up spring!

Thanks for the info in posting pictures. And if it wasn't for the salt and crap they put on the roads I would have rode at least 3 or 4 time this month, the only nice days around 40 degresss. But I too have the dirt (mud) road that the township is to cheap to do anything with to make it a hard surface so it turns to mush amd mud when it warms up after being cold. And I can't stand to ride my baby throught that crap! Yes !!!!! Hurry up spring, I can't wait!!!!! I'm plannig a few over night camping trips down around the PA. canyon since I got my sissy bar bag from Jafrum (LOTS of room) and the back packing tent my sister got me for x-mas witch rolls up to 14"x 3 1/2", packs up small but plenty big enough for me and my gorgeous babe!!!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Schenectady County, NY here. I was tired of winter after the first snowflake fell..........
Moving is an option for me but only if i get divorced first.. mmmmmmmmmmmm, might be worth it. Maybe I could talk her into a 6 month a year separation.. :) :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts