Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, fellas.
Happy to say that I've successfully cleaned my carb and reattached it to my VN800B. She sounded very grateful when I started her up to test my work.

Unfortunately I've been unable to reattach my air filter assembly. It's all stock, and there are 3 hoses near the bottom that have to be reattached. My problem is that there is only about an inch of work room and almost no give at all from the hoses.

Is there a trick to this that my inexperience blinds me to, or am I just dealing with someone else's unhandy-work?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Additionally, or alternatively, is there any way to just extend the tubing? Sounds cheaper and safer than replacing things.

Thanks, again. I'll try to get pictures today.

EDIT: After checking over the part diagrams again (the first 2 times I couldn't make any sense of them), I figured out that the two I'm having the hardest time with are:

"Tube" Part#: 92191A

"Air Switch-Filter Case Tube" Part#: 92190A

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
If you have large fingers, they are a pain to get. For the "Air switch-filter case tube, try putting it on the filter housing 1st, the onto the air switch. The hose 92191A goes to the rear cylinder head, and will have to be connected at the aircleaner housing. This one has a little more slack in it, but not much.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A little bit of soapy water goes a long way. I'd also warm the hoses a bit with a hair dryer to make them soft. Do the hair dryer first, then some soapy water (not much) and they'll be much easier to get on. I'd try these two tricks before buying any hose.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent ideas!
I thought of the hair dryer myself yesterday, but it felt like I was stretching. Glad someone else has had success with it. I'll try these ASAP. With the soapy water, are we using the soap as a lubricant or is the goal to soak in warm water to loosen up the hoses?
Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Little pulling, lot of heat from the hair dryer, some dish soap, and a lot of swearing...but I put it all back together again and took her out. Only had time for about 10 miles of scenery before going to get my 3 year old for swimming lessons, but it was one of the best rides I've ever enjoyed.

Thank you all for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts