Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if any of you are like me you are very proud of your bike(s), but also tend to get into a rut as to what forums you frequent. I for one spend most of my reading time in the 900 section, and tend to ignore the others. One I found recently is the Bike of the Month forum. As I just got my bike back from the painters and am dying to show it off to the world, and I intend to enter my bike in the bike of the month contest for April. So this thread is intended to show off my bike, as well as to invite everyone to see the BotM thread when it is up in April and pick a favorite. Thanks!!

Before the paint job and new accessories.

This is after a lot of hard work and amazing work by the painters.

Thanks again for looking.

·
Registered
430 Posts
This color paint is sick! What's the name of that color?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This color paint is sick! What's the name of that color?

Its called "Vibrance Oh So Orange." It is pretty awesome. The part that you can't see very well is that when seen at a slight angle there is a green highlight. The green comes from actual glass that has been tinted, crushed, and added to the paint. As you can tell I'm very very happy with it!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Who did your speedo? Is that a dragon?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Who did your speedo? Is that a dragon?

I actually did the speedo myself, and yes it is a dragon. I was inspired by another rider, in this thread http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19762&highlight=speedo . What I did was just photoshop my own picture onto a piece of cardstock and then I cut out the appropriate holes and then installed onto my current speedo plate. Worked very well and was pretty cheap, though not near the quality of a professional.

·
Registered
399 Posts
This begs the question: How much did the paint job cost?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This begs the question: How much did the paint job cost?
To be honest with you I don't know exactly. I traded my old truck for a paint job and cash. I'm pretty sure the paint job was valued at around $1200-$1500 though.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Great looking bike. The paint is amazing.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sweeeeet lookin 9er!! I was thinkin bout getin the hi-way pegs you had on the old black and red. Is the crash bar and pegs better? More comfortable?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweeeeet lookin 9er!! I was thinkin bout getin the hi-way pegs you had on the old black and red. Is the crash bar and pegs better? More comfortable?
I really liked the old highway pegs, but the new crash bar and pegs allow for more adjustment, and more resting positions. I haven't been on any really long rides yet, but I'm really enjoying the way I have it set up now. I can rest my toe on the pegs, and my heel on the floorboards and it is very very comfortable. So I guess it comes down to what look you desire.

·
Registered
399 Posts
To be honest with you I don't know exactly. I traded my old truck for a paint job and cash. I'm pretty sure the paint job was valued at around $1200-$1500 though.
I believe it....it looks fantastic!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts