Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read quite of few noise threads and its seems the 900s make plenty of them. The noise Im hearing is in between 50-55 mph and its coming from the rear of the bike. Its hard to discribe it but it like ch ch ch quick pause ch ch ch. Kinda like a exhaust leak but thats not the case. I sound retarted describing it but when I first heard it I was passing a field and I thought it was crickets out there haha. But I can cruise at around 54 mph and hear it the whole time. Its not real loud or bad but wanna make sure its ok or maybe I need to check something.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Ive read quite of few noise threads and its seems the 900s make plenty of them. The noise Im hearing is in between 50-55 mph and its coming from the rear of the bike. Its hard to discribe it but it like ch ch ch quick pause ch ch ch. Kinda like a exhaust leak but thats not the case. I sound retarted describing it but when I first heard it I was passing a field and I thought it was crickets out there haha. But I can cruise at around 54 mph and hear it the whole time. Its not real loud or bad but wanna make sure its ok or maybe I need to check something.
Mine does that, then backfires! It kind of goes: Chitty, chitty, bang, bang. Chitty, chitty, bang, bang!
Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude,

I think you should debaffle:cool:
Haha exactly what I was thinking. And I plan on it in the next couple of days. Just trying to run through the bike and make sure everything is in good shape. Im paranoid I guess but if my wheel falls off you better feal bad lmao

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
lmao.....if u do a search...I described it as "chica. chica"...........I NEVER DID FIGURE IT OUT....

·
Registered
358 Posts
I get an occasional "sh-sh-sh..." sound coming from under the saddle bags depending on wind direction and velocity, along with my speed and angle to the wind. As far as I can tell, it's just an odd air flow sound. Similar in frequency to the buffeting I had before installing lowers.

·
Registered
847 Posts
rear noise

I am guessing it is the belt, mine does it. reminds me of a broken belt sound on a radial tire. Pipes cured mine...

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I hear all kinds of sounds with my 53 year old ears. Sometimes a kitten, a fart, a dog, my wife... :eek:

The bike never lets me down. I turn the throttle and shazam!!! She hauls tail. Ha! My tail.

The pipes are baffled... I've not gotten tired of them. No it is not a HD but don't care. It has this rumbling throaty sound and I like to crack it when I get next to a car or stupid dog chasing me rather than his own a$$. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I opened up the baffles yesterday and drilled 8 holes in each. Sounds alot better and I dont hear the sounds as much any more. Win win :D
I would like it louder though so should I go ahead and take a hole saw to it and remove the baffle or should I just wait and get some aftermarket pipes?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Debaffle for sure. I did it on my 2003 years ago and it sounded awesome..... Go grab a hole-saw! ;) you will be happy and save a couple hundred dollars.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
851 Posts
This is the most amusing thread I've read in a while,,,LMFAO!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts