Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG, I was sold on darkside and it's time for tires. I'm researching what to get and how to do it all myself so don't have the hassle of shops refusing me mounting.

BUT when looking at the clearance back there I only have a quarter inch play from my stock 170/60/17's.

Huge bummer, just sayin'. :(

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
looking at the clearance back there I only have a quarter inch play from my stock 170/60/17's.
kmd, are you looking for mileage tire or just want a FATT rear end?
dont quit so ez. find a 180 to fit that 17" rim. it will fit fine. Clear is Clear. either it is or it isn't. you got plenty room in ther for a 180 w/o issues.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kmd, are you looking for mileage tire or just want a FATT rear end?
dont quit so ez. find a 180 to fit that 17" rim. it will fit fine. Clear is Clear. either it is or it isn't. you got plenty room in ther for a 180 w/o issues.

When looking around the smallest I have seen was a 205. Maybe I should keep looking.

Dang it's dirty up in there... That needs some cleaning. :D

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
When looking around the smallest I have seen was a 205. Maybe I should keep looking. Dang it's dirty up in there... That needs some cleaning. :D
you mite try and swap yor wheel(s) with somebody with a classic 16" rims.? everybody is always trying to change up their sleds to be NOT standard issue..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts