Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the LT about a month ago and most of my riding has been on the highway in the mountains or the slab. I hadn't rode in a number of years (VN700 in '85-90) but I didn't remember the front end wanting to wander around as bad as this. I had read numerous posts about making and adding lowers so I gave it a shot and built some monsters. I can't believe the difference! those pesky seams in the road that used to try to wiggle the bars out of my hands, now it just glides right over them. The cross wind buffetting is completely gone and it cruises like I remember the autobahn being. Thanks to everyone whose posts and projects inspired me to do this.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the two lower mounting bolt locations. I removed both and made sure to get bolts just a little longer (and same size/thread). I used 1/4” plexiglass and 1/8” aluminum angle. I was worried about the bottom as the two mounting bolts are on the top about 4” of it but it is plenty stiff at the lower end. Now I need to take them off and polish them up.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts