Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow Vulcan owners. I have the 2014 Vulcan Custom Candy Lime Green. I am wanting to buy a fairing to put on the bike and have it painted the same color as bike. Any suggestions? How much paint will I need? Do I have to use a reducer? Any info will help a lot seeing as this is the first time I will have anything painted. I looked up the ColorRite codes. Code 35P. ColorRite Top 3226/ ColorRite Base 1226. This information is like trying to read chinese to me. It doesn't say if these paints need reducer or not. Hoping someone can help me in this time of crisis.

http://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm Kawasaki 35P Candy Lime Green[/url] is the site that I found this color. Is there any cheaper?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Why are you asking us this? Here is the contact info where you will get correct info the first time. Although I have experiance in painting, these days there is so many variations in how paint is manufactured, you will need to obtain the info direct. Some base coats need reducer + activator, some need only activator, and others need nothing, just spray from the container.

Also your painter of choice may know about this product as well. If doing this the first time, with no experiance, you should do a lot of research and practice on junk first.

For support, you can use the form below, e-mail us at [email protected] or call between 9 AM - 8 PM Eastern Time M-F.

East Coast Sales and Support: 800-358-1882
West Coast Sales and Support: 800-736-7980

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Since it appears that you want to have an exact color match, suggest taking your bike and whichever fairing you select to a good auto body shop. For example, there is at least one body shop in my area which will match colors so exactly that it is impossible to see any difference, and the work is guaranteed for life (presumably the lifetime of the owner!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts