Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might have to go and check it out ,lots of bands and other activities. I've only rode through Salmon Arm never stopped there and checked it out.Beautiful country though.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Igloo Sturgis

Checked out the website and planning to go. My brother et al from Saskatchewan and ND want to try it out as well. Haven't found much for accomodations yet.....:confused: Too old and crippled up to stay in a tent:cool:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Sturgis North

DR is right, there should be a better name.....Also, it will be hard to follow Steven Tyler falling off a stage, pasties on every corner, lovely lasses with gun belts full of shooters, you know?:D

·
Registered
900 Posts
C'mon Doc - Animals, Slugs, Steppenwolf - you were born to be wild, weren't ya? Besides, Salmon Arm is usually HOT and DRY in July - if our Alberta summer turns out anything like last year, it could be the only decent riding weather we get!

http://sturgisnorth.com/salmon_arm/
Nothing wrong with having a rally in Salmon Arm. But calling it Sturgis North? BS marketing at its best.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Booking rooms

So, been on the phone for an hour now trying to book rooms....:mad:

Completely sold out in Salmon Arm and Sycamous, on waiting lists etc

Vernon, roughly 45 min away, has rooms left. I also hear that there are rooms in Armstrong, but I wasn't able to get anyone to answer a phone...:confused:

I also heard from one of the hotelliers that the organizers were thinking of moving or adding events to include the outlying areas, such as the Burn Out Competion to Sycamouse etc.:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts