Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I love mine! That said, understand that if you are trailing someone very close, the modulator becomes very annoying very quickly! I put mine on low beam under those circumstances.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I love my headlight modulator. It might be annoying to some but at least I'm noticed by a lot more people!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
698 Posts
I wonder if they are legal in Oz? Flashing headlights usually means stop, or get out of the way ,or a warning. I imagine they would be very irritating in your RV mirror in short time.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That would annoy the crap out of me if I was driving in front of that bike! I wonder if they could make it so it pulsates less frequently to make it more palatable?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Which headlight modulator is that and how hard to install?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I bought mine on Amazon. Its made by Signal Dynamics. And they are very easy to install. It simply goes in between the headlight and the plug that goes to it. Then you run the sensor out the back of the headlight bucket and attach it per the instructions that come with it.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I bought the Signal Dynamics, plug and play unit. Unplug the headlamp connector and insert the unit with male and female plugs between the factory plug and headlamp. It ahs two modulation rates and can be turned off. I often turn it off when riding in groups since I don't want to annoy my friends riding in front of me.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bought mine on Amazon. Its made by Signal Dynamics. And they are very easy to install. It simply goes in between the headlight and the plug that goes to it. Then you run the sensor out the back of the headlight bucket and attach it per the instructions that come with it.

Thanks for the details.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I understand the need to be seen but my concern with having one of those is that cagers may think you're flashing them and giving them the signal to pull out of an intersection etc...you can't take anything for granted these days.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine is also Signal Dynamics, and it definitely gets attention; some drivers will flash their lights back at me. Since it can be annoying, I switch it off if there's much traffic at all. I agree that installation could not be any easier.

Ride safe,
Grandpa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts