Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new Vulcan 900 Classic LT in White/Titanium (2009 - last one left, got a great deal, with trade in of my old Vulcan 500 LTD). However, I looked in the saddlebags and it says maximum weight per bag is 5 pounds. 5 POUNDS? Jeez, even a gallon of milk is more than that! Do you folks have experience with this? Anybody routinely (or on long trips) carry more weight than that? Not an issue for overall capacity as my wife and I together are well under max load.

Love the bike and looking to do a few mods (passenger floorboards, new seat and to solve the helmet vibration issue (hopefully) lowers and had some great rides already this week. Love the forum and all the great info and feedback here.

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thank the lawyers. Both the suing kind, and those trying to protect the company from lawsuits.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had both bags stuffed so full with groceries, car parts, etc, the lids wouldnt even think about closing. Guess the heaviest thing i've had in one bag was two brake rotors for my car. The other side had my bike cover and jacket that I normally always carry. Never experienced a problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just picked up a new Vulcan 900 Classic LT in White/Titanium (2009 - last one left, got a great deal, with trade in of my old Vulcan 500 LTD). However, I looked in the saddlebags and it says maximum weight per bag is 5 pounds. 5 POUNDS? Jeez, even a gallon of milk is more than that! Do you folks have experience with this? Anybody routinely (or on long trips) carry more weight than that? Not an issue for overall capacity as my wife and I together are well under max load.

Love the bike and looking to do a few mods (passenger floorboards, new seat and to solve the helmet vibration issue (hopefully) lowers and had some great rides already this week. Love the forum and all the great info and feedback here.
The helmet vibration is not from the seat. It is caused from the wind buffeting over the windshield. try raising your shield up an inch at a time until it stops. The best placement for the shield is at the bridge of your nose.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Nice bike, you love it long time.
That first picture, where was it shot. It looks like the horizon is 45 miles away. That is some flat country, and a big pond.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info and comments

Thanks for the info and confidence I can stuff the bags. And yeah, I'm very happy with the looks of the bike - no choice on color, as it was a deal on the last of the 2009's, but I like it better each day and I like it that you don't see a lot of bikes like it on the road. As for flat, man, Texas is a land on loooong horizons. Love it here.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Helmet Vibration/Buffeting

Very nice bike, as above thread, the buffeting is from the wind coming up from below joining with the wind over and around the windshield. Many threads here about this subject, the lowers I use and sell have been well documented to reduce this drastically and eliminate air sneaking in by the turn signal. There may be contact with engine guards at full turn such as locking but most don't have a problem with this. Good luck with the new ride and solving any comfort issues.

·
Registered
273 Posts
hey waterboy is that a stock kawi wind screen and if so how did you get the symbol off i thought about it but thought it was inset in the chrome any advise would help thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts