Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have an 04 1600 classic, was looking under the seat to see where the turn signal relay was when I saw this and am wondering what it's supposed to go to. Everything works (so far), except my turn signals which I'm getting sorted out with new signals, probably will have questions on connecting those, anyway if you can tell me what this may go to that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Tony

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
if you're going to do electrical work or investigation on your bike, you really should invest in a Kawasaki Service Manual (not Clymer's)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Some manufacturers use the same wiring loom for several models. When a particular model doesn't use or need a component another model does, it's more cost-effective to leave "extra" pigtails on, rather than make an entirely different wiring harness. It's been years ago, but I think I remember that "blanc" on my past Vulcans.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is not used on the Classic.
Thank you!

Some manufacturers use the same wiring loom for several models. When a particular model doesn't use or need a component another model does, it's more cost-effective to leave "extra" pigtails on, rather than make an entirely different wiring harness. It's been years ago, but I think I remember that "blanc" on my past Vulcans.
Thank you too, I'll just ignore it then.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wrong answer! Actually, your thought should be "Hmmm, what can I add to my bike that would use this connection?" How long have you had your bike?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wrong answer! Actually, your thought should be "Hmmm, what can I add to my bike that would use this connection?" How long have you had your bike?
LOL, that's actually exactly what I was just thinking :grin2: I've had my bike for about a week now. Today I ordered a light bar for it so I was just wondering if I could use the power from that to connect the lights. Below's a picture I took last Sunday when I went out for a cruise.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
LOL, that's actually exactly what I was just thinking :grin2: I've had my bike for about a week now. Today I ordered a light bar for it so I was just wondering if I could use the power from that to connect the lights. Below's a picture I took last Sunday when I went out for a cruise.
Lookin good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts