Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 86 VN750 A2 in boxes. I was thinking of chopping it since I have an old hardtail frame but the shaft drive has me stumped. I was told you can convert this motor to chain drive. Is this true or was I handed a load of bull?

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
I know that there is a kit for Meanstreaks (cost - $2300), but never heard of one for 750
It would be a hair pulling and expensive conversion and in my opinion, not cost effective.
You would be better off starting with a chain drive engine to start with...eg vn800.
Plus the 800 engine is far better looking than the 750, again in my humble opinion.

Post back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that there is a kit for Meanstreaks (cost - $2300), but never heard of one for 750
It would be a hair pulling and expensive conversion and in my opinion, not cost effective.
You would be better off starting with a chain drive engine to start with...eg vn800.
Plus the 800 engine is far better looking than the 750, again in my humble opinion.

Post back.
I agree with you 100%. This just means I can keep to good ride. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts