Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im changing the oil on my 900 and my jack is in the way of the drain plug but i pulled the screen and it looks like all the oil is out. has any one used this as the primary drain it looks like its just as low or lower than the oil drain plug itself. thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
60,000 miles and have never pulled the screen out. There were a couple threads about the screen on here,do a search...it may come in handy on reinstall of the screen from what I read

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also what is the fluid resivoir behind the left engine cover and does that need to be changed i have 14k on bike

·
Registered
224 Posts
sounds like your talking about the coolant reservoir tank,and I would drain and refill the coolant if it's the original. Go on Ebay and purchase a repair CD for around $9.00. It is the original mechanic repair manual on cd,and if your a little mechanically inclined you can do the job your self and save some money,,if not take it to your mechanic and have it changed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks chobber i measured the oil and was about 4 qts i figured it was good but its nice to be reasured

1 - 6 of 6 Posts