Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kawi Vulcan 650 S - I'm switching to bar end mirrors. I pulled the screw that holds the bar end weights. But there's a cap, with a threaded center ('natch) that keeps me from the hollow bar. Can I remove that? If so how?

·
Registered
179 Posts
you'd have to cut it out. Do a search for bar end mirrors in this forum, as there are a few that have used them. I think mostly they get put between the bar and bar-end.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you can. It's loc-tited so is very tight.
Have you done this? The caps on the bar? - Not the bar end weights held by screws and loctite...the actual caps of the bar. Removing these looks like I'd need a cutting wheel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HIGHSIDER Bar End Mirror Adapter for KAWASAKI Vehicle Model

I'm thining I need these? but I don't want to get them from Japan. Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
do the bar ends use a rubber or a slip wedge attachment? push come to shove you could cut off the end or drill it out for the size yo need. but the pieces from Japan look really slick. looks like some other mfgs make similar ones. I used the clamp on style last time and kept the bar end weights

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did that. I cut the aluminum one I mistakenly bought. Then, I drilled a thicker through-hole, and a much thicker and deeper hole (not all the way through) to recess the head of my bar weight bolt screw. I added a bit a loc-tite and Presto.....not as good looking but it is mostly covered by the bar end clamp. I'll take my time and get the sexy one's but hey....so I'm a fabricator now?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts