Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive looked at the blue collar bobber kits (made me really love the bike for what it is) the kits are spendy but nice. id diY if i was going that way but id like to know if there is a way to clean up the back end of my new 2014 900 classic and dump the huge fender and still keep a passenger pad. anyone done this?

i understand they usually mount the hugger fender to the swing arm so that wouldn't be a realistic option for mounting a seat behind the driver seat which is on the main frame.

ive hard tailed a few bikes and know my way around a welder and don't mind doing something custom. just curious if anyone else has done this (redone the rear end with a smaller fender and kept it a 2 seater).

·
BOTM Winner, March 2015
124 Posts
If it were me, I would adapt a seat combo from a Harley Rocker. The passenger pillion is cantilevered off of the main seat supports, and is removable. This allows you to have a swing arm mounted tire hugging fender, and comfortably haul a passenger. It can be done with a little effort... these seats run around $225.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perfect. exctly the simple solution I was looking for.

anymore pictures of that bike? or did you just google Harley rocker

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've got the BCB kit on mine. I would definitely NOT recommend it if you want passengers. The fender hangs about 1/2in above the wheel and is basically only supported by the black struts that connect to the rear wheel axle.

Looks pretty, but has no serious weight bearing potential. It wouldn't even support a child. Even if it could, the fender floats on the axle, so there would be no suspension for a pillion. They'd break bones and fall off very quickly.

That said, I highly recommend the kit. If you're okay with a solo bike, it's great. Sits much lower, so it will change your stance on the bike big-time. I've been very happy with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have a blue collar bobbers seat, rear fender and tail light kits forsale if anyone is interested.

·
BOTM Winner, March 2015
124 Posts
7808 I just googled Harley Rocker... this approach will work for you as both the driver seat and passenger seat are fully supported by the main frame rails and not the fender struts. Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts