Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding for 4 seasons now and recently was rear ended and now have to get a new bike. I found a 900 custom I love but the pedals seem really high. Is it just me? Do ladies ride the 900 comfortably? Can these pedals be adjusted easily? I was also considering the Vulcan s but don’t want another beginner bike. Any thought?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Have you tried to go to a dealer and test drive a custom?

The Vulcan S is also a nice bike and I see women riding them in my area frequently. Definitely not a beginners bike and they are good looking.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 900 classic. The foot boards are not adjustable. What I do know is I’ve had a few different bikes and this is the lowest seat I’ve ever sat in which should be a benefit to the 5’4” part!

·
Registered
103 Posts
900 classic with floorboards might be a better fit, but your personal preference. 900 has a very low seat height would be a good choice. It is a heavy bike but if you are looking for a V-twin cruiser good choice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The 900 Custom uses forward foot controls, which could be a stretch (pardon the pun) for folks of shorter stature.
I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseam and I am comfortable on mine; with a slight knee-bend.
If my legs were much more than a couple inches shorter, itd be a challenge without a seat and/or foot control mod.
Glad to hear you're ok after the accident and looking to get back in the saddle.

Btw, the Vulcan S is a great bike that is very versatile.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have been riding for 4 seasons now and recently was rear ended and now have to get a new bike. I found a 900 custom I love but the pedals seem really high. Is it just me? Do ladies ride the 900 comfortably? Can these pedals be adjusted easily? I was also considering the Vulcan s but don’t want another beginner bike. Any thought?
Sorry about your incident. While the Vulcan S is a great bike for beginners because of it's low seat height and complete adjustability (sp), it is also a bike that can stand head-to-head with any bike in the cruiser class including the 900. Sixth gear at 6,000 rpm gets you 80 mph and with a red-line of 9,000 rpm, there is still plenty left. It also has a tach and a gear indicator (if you like those things) where a 900 does not. It can be adjusted to fit your frame with the ergo-fit-system with adjustable clutch and brake levers, short reach seat, short reach rear brake and shifter levers and handlebars.

The problem with the KVS is that it has only had a limited run of 4 years so used ones are a bit rare and can be expensive.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have been riding for 4 seasons now...
Is that so. Well, what have you been riding? It will help me to compare to your question.

... I found a 900 custom I love...
Yeah, they are nice.

... but the pedals seem really high.
Well if you mean footrests, yeah they are really high and cant be adjusted. If you mean the brake pedal and the shifter, well... they are even higher and they can only be adjusted a little bit.

... Do ladies ride the 900 comfortably?
Why yes they do, and big gorilla guys too.

... Can these pedals be adjusted easily?
The shifter and brake pedal can easily be adjusted within a small range. Footrests, NO.

I was also considering the Vulcan s but don’t want another beginner bike. Any thought?
I don't want to turn this into a VN900 vs 650S debate but the one thing you will like about the VN900 is you will never again have to mess with a chain. This will save you many woman-years of labor. You will have more time to ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts