Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I look at parts for sale on E-bay, some sellers say fits 90 to 96. Others say fits 96 to 09. In my search for a newer style Vulcan 500, what should I be looking for in the photos to confirm it realy is the newer model? (96 on). Many times the date on the title is a year off from the manufacture date.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The "C" model, the newer 1996 to 2009, has chain drive, and the speedo is mounted on top of the gas tank, and was built with spoke wheels.
The older was the "A" model.

·
Registered
25 Posts
EN500A 1990(?) - 1995
Speedo and warning lights on the handlebars, elongated side panels, square-ish tail light, smaller tank (it's narrow and tall), wheels are magnesium (not a rule since these can be exchanged), tail pipes have a nipple at the end, coolant reservoir sits next to the trippletree, is belt driven.

EN500C (also called EN500 LTD) (1996-2009)
Speedo and warning lifgts are on the tank, tail light is almost oval, the side panels look like a "half oval", larger tank(it's wider, but not very tall), wheels are spoked (not a rule since these can be exchanged), exhaus looks (from the side) like it's been cut at the end, collant reservoir is under the tank, is chain driven.

There is also a EN500B variant, very rare that has only a speedo on the handlebars and the warning lights are under it on the fork clamp. But in essence it's a an EN500A with a different dash.

NOTE: There is also a 35HP variant for each, these are mainly designed for A2 permits since the 50HP (normal model) is too powerfull to be legally driven with A2 and requires the full A permit (these are the European liscences)

There are other details that you can use to tell them apart, but these are the main ones. In the feature department, there is almost no differentce between the two. The LTD version looks more like a harley than the oritinal which looks more oldschool. Many parts are interchangable between the two, in the engine department at least they are almost the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts