Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with the automatic cam chain tensioners on the 900? I know this is a noisey bike but i cant help but wonder what im hearing sometimes, almost like a strange rattling sound during idle from left side of motor....dont have a stethescope but think its more pronounced about midway up the rear cylinder jug.....15k miles on me bike havent done first valve check yet

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and its more pronounced on cold evenings after work and cold start.....on a warmer day cold start she sounds pretty damn healthy.....running good ol castrol 10w40 synthetic blend

·
Registered
422 Posts
I did once. Months ago, I started my 900 and heard the rattling noise for a few seconds, then it disappeared. This only happened once. I assumed that somehow a cam chain tensioner got stuck, and then freed itself. The issue has not reoccurred.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
here's a youtube video to check your 2006 bike's valve clearances

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feed back guys this is a great community! Ill be doing the valves pretty soon as well as ditching the oe stator...by far the most noisey machine i ever had but i think im getting an ear for wats normal ands wats not....ill see how she sounds with a bit of tinkering

1 - 5 of 5 Posts