Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to try out the Wide Touring Mustang seat before actually ordering one.

If anyone out there lives in and around the Toronto Ontario area, I'd love to see it and perhaps 'have a seat' :)

It's too bad manufactures don't grant us 'Demo' access to these sorts of things. I'll be in the market for a Windshield soon also and that would have been a good thing also.....to actually try out a few different styles/sizes before purchasing.

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
If you come to San Diego, happy to let you try mine ;)

That said, I found that it pushed my up and back by 1" each way. Some of this may be a feeling due to the width of the seat.

I am finding that I have to stretch a bit to reach the bars...I am considering a small pullback riser for the bars.

Otherwise the seat is super comfortable.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have one on my Voyager. 900 mile days with minor but pain. Any seat will hurt your but after 900 miles lol. It moves me back and up an inch or so. Have installed 2 inch up and back risers. I am in Illinois if you want ti try it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you come to San Diego, happy to let you try mine ;)

That said, I found that it pushed my up and back by 1" each way. Some of this may be a feeling due to the width of the seat.

I am finding that I have to stretch a bit to reach the bars...I am considering a small pullback riser for the bars.

Otherwise the seat is super comfortable.
I experienced the same thing with the Mustang seat. I'm thinking about some risers, but only a couple of inches. I've seen some that are 4 inches and that seems like a lot. What have you found that looks good?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Mustang Wide Seat

Before everyone starts to flame me, each one of us has an opinion.

Ordered one from Dennis Kirk and installed on my 12 Voyager and started off on 1000 mile round trip of Blue ridge Parkway. Worst mistake i ever make as said above does move you back and you will need risers of some sort but was the most uncomfortable seat i have ever been on. after 100 miles was considering going home for factory seat. Came home and thanks to Dennis Kirk good service sent back on Tuesday for full refund. Now that being said the one on my 900 was a big improvement over stock.

Came home a ordered Kawasaki Jell seat both rider and passenger and we haven't looked back since.

Just my two Cents worth.

Wmustang

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
BOTM Winner, August 2016
80 Posts
seat

Well I am in Windsor Ontario that is only 4hrs away. Love the seat but the backrest is a great addition

1 - 8 of 8 Posts