Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read an article about the 2014 street glide. I love this bike, and the improvements they've made sound great(liquid cooling would've been nice, though), but dyno shows 75 hp and just over 100 tq. for a high output 103. Is it just me or is that a little weak for 850lb bike. I know my v2k is a different animal, but if I invest 20k in a new bike I don't want to have to spend another 5k so that it doesn't feel like a snail. My point is, what kind of numbers should I expect from that kind of bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Obviously those numbers are important, but I wouldn't get wrapped up in them. The overall experience is what I would want to know. How does it handle in a parking lot and on the highway, where is the center of gravity, how does the power "feel" when I am pulling out of a traffic light or need to pass? And then I would do the same thing on a Victory, and then an Indian. But I love my Black Magic, so I'm not trying any of them!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am a big fan of the vaquero. See my short description under the 1700 thread describing a recent ride I was on with a friend of mine. He took his street glide and I was on my vaquero.

The Kawi came out ahead in our comparison, at least in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Seeing how your opinion matches mine, you are obviously correct! :good: :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts