Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the life of me, i can't seem to find the reed valves on my '07 900 Custom. i've found them on other sizes and have changed them out, but for some odd and perculiar reason, i can't find them on this bike. i have an idea where they are, but it seems strange to put them on the tops of the heads versus the front and back like on other models. if i am correct in my thinking on their location (i'm asking cause i don't want to open everything up for nothing and have to put it all back together, for nothing), it will be slightly difficult to change out the back reed valve? can anyone clear me up on this matter as i feel my thinking appears to be cloudy, but hey, it comes with age. i'm just embarrassed that after 36 years of riding and working on my own bikes, i can't find the reed valves on a bike i've had about 2 months. thanks guys for not laughing, but i won't mind the being called stupid part :D
[/CODE]

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hi Stupidbut.

They are under the head covers. There is a hose that goes to the top center of each cylinder. If you take the chromy cylinder cover off and then the rocker covers you will see the reeds. If you zoom in on this Cylinder Head page on RonAyers the read is item number 12021.

Why did you want us to call you Supidbut?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mrclean! that was my quess of where they were. the stupid part was because after 36 years of riding and working on my own bike, i had to ask that question of where the reed valves were on this bike. one more quick question. is there any links on removing all the hook ups and plugs on the reed valves on this bike? honestly, this is my fuel injected bike and i know nothing about all the crap that's under the tank involved with the air suction/reed valve/etc hook ups. thanks again, mrclean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts