Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching the snow melt today, looking forward to clear roads. Who else is is southern Alberta? Any interest in a ride in May (or sooner)?

Scott Fraser
Calgary

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's not melting that fast now! Hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow as promissed and by Monday or Tuesday we will be in the wind. What area do you live in?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm also snow watching .the lane is still thick with ice and I have been chipping at it with the axe,should be able to escape soon.Huntington Hills is my end of town.

·
Registered
50 Posts
sorry to hear that , its worm and clear here in Nev. but all thier is to see is loong straight roads, dirt and rocks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm also snow watching .the lane is still thick with ice and I have been chipping at it with the axe,should be able to escape soon.Huntington Hills is my end of town.
Brentwood here. The ice is gone now from behind the garage, and I had my bike out for a few minutes today to blow off the dust. It was still too cold to ride very far, but the weatherman says we're due for a warm weekend. 'Bout time...

Scott Fraser

·
Registered
5 Posts
We went out to Elbow Falls on Sunday the weather was great the roads were good it is going to snow on Thirsday again with a little luck it will melt when it hits the ground.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm in Silver Springs. I can't believe it's snowing again today. I think this will be one of those Calgary years where we move right into summer and skip spring. I just hope that happens before July! We deserve a better summer than last year. We should get together for a Saturday or Sunday ride WHEN (not IF) we get some decent weather.
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
We are in Marlboro Park it is so much better with the ring road to get to the west side of the city we seem to always go west or south on our ride . Any time you want to go for a ride give us a call my name is Rick 403-569-7929 . This Sunday we are going to Turnner Valley for breakfast at the Chuck Wagon restaurant i recomend it great food !
That is if the weather clears have a good day .

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today in Lethbridge, its not looking too good.....
FWIW, the snow that fell on Calgary yesterday and overnight has melted as of 3PM. I won't ride today, too windy and muddy, but tomorrow promises to be better. Isn't that always how it is around here?

Hang in there. Summer has to come (I keep telling myself).

Scott Fraser
Calgary NW

·
Registered
56 Posts
Kingston Ont here. Driving new to me bike back from Cornwall tomorrow. Supposed to be +15 and sunny. Hope so. Lol.

97 800 Vulcan Bobber.

·
Registered
991 Posts
snow tires

Been riding, albeit sparingly and sometimes in the snow....since the middle of March. Went on a couple of shakedown trips out to Jasper, just to knock the rust off my skills. Going on a bit of a run down to Seattle, across into Idaho and then back north on the second week of May. Packing a windsuit and long undies, just in case....:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Thunder Lizard we are on Malvern dr house # 648 we should hook up one day soon give me a call my cell # is 403-969-8503. I read in the paper on Sunday a fellow biker was killed on the Bragg Creek hi-way this week end sad star to the season take care flyfisher.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
... I read in the paper on Sunday a fellow biker was killed on the Bragg Creek hi-way this week end sad star to the season... take care.
There's a corner on the 1A that had claimed four riders by the end of June last year. Local EMS call it "Motorcyclist Corner". It is the first corner eastbound from the junction of 1X where it joins 1A, just above Seabee. Posted 80, it's at the end of a longish straightaway, a reverse-banked compound curve that gets tighter once you go into it, and it's' too late to dump speed. They repaved that stretch last year after the fourth fatality, so the pavement isn't as treacherous, but it is still a corner to know about.

It is marked on the map at 'B'.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Canmore,+Alberta&daddr=51.071263,-115.073222+to:AB-40+N/Alberta+1+Alternate+E+to:51.2101216,-114.7639376+to:Calgary,+Alberta&hl=en&geocode=FYmGCwMdgvIf-SkxY0WVlcVwUzEuaR6eXzG2Rg;FR9JCwMdOh8k-SkXV7pYG9xwUzFg7Tev3jUSmw;FfT4CwMdMAsk-Q;FYlnDQMdX9co-SkXY6K90TpxUzEDfFYSKlsn8g;FYjiCgMd-p8z-SnVP4SfA3BxUzE6tlK2sTttJg&mra=dpe&mrsp=3&sz=11&via=1,3&sll=51.115162,-114.983597&sspn=0.342681,0.617294&ie=UTF8&ll=51.114731,-114.896393&spn=0.685366,0.894012&z=10

Ride safe, everyone
Scott Fraser

1 - 20 of 34 Posts