Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12" bars but the grip area drops at more of an angle than I expected when I bought them. I've been running stock length for a couple months with no problems, but lever pull definitely has more resistance due to the angle and I don't want a break from the stress. I've almost pulled the trigger on +4 a couple of times but I've been debating that or +6. I want enough but not a lot of excess. Opinions? And yes cable is already rerouted for max slack. ImageUploadedByMO Free1432168937.672631.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1432168952.188341.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Stock risers and 12" bars, +4 should be enough. I have 12" bars and 5" risers and I ordered +8 to be on the safe side. Still waiting on them to be made (made to order) and hopefully will have them soon.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Can't really comment on the cable stress, but are you going to leave all the cables exposed like that? It looks cluttered IMO. What's up with the black X on the headlight? Sorry if this isn't the type of feedback you were looking for. :rolleyes:

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Looking at the pics again I wouldn't be comfortable riding with the cables in that configuration. If there's resistance that wasn't there before you run the risk of snapping the cables. Also if you stretch the wiring too much you can break the copper strands in the wiring and cause electrical problems. My advice, get the extended cables, extend your wiring, and don't risk it. If you snap your clutch cable or throttle cable on a ride, you'll wish you did. You can get Barnett clutch and throttle cables and Galfer extended brake line from Phat Performance Parts for around 225 shipped.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't really comment on the cable stress, but are you going to leave all the cables exposed like that? It looks cluttered IMO. What's up with the black X on the headlight? Sorry if this isn't the type of feedback you were looking for. :rolleyes:

Haha black x is just electrical tape I stuck on for looks, no other point. As for the cables I'm re routing and cleaning everything up once I get the extended ones and have more room to work with, the way they are now is the only way I could get enough slack.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the pics again I wouldn't be comfortable riding with the cables in that configuration. If there's resistance that wasn't there before you run the risk of snapping the cables. Also if you stretch the wiring too much you can break the copper strands in the wiring and cause electrical problems. My advice, get the extended cables, extend your wiring, and don't risk it. If you snap your clutch cable or throttle cable on a ride, you'll wish you did. You can get Barnett clutch and throttle cables and Galfer extended brake line from Phat Performance Parts for around 225 shipped.

Extended clutch cable is a definite, but it's the only one with any tension. Throttle cables and wiring will be in the future, I rerouted everything so they're not stressed. Longer length will be mainly to clean it up. Same with the brake line.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
there is a way of figuring out how much extension you need using the stock wiring/cables that I saw on Youtube. Can't find it at the moment.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm thinking maybe +6 on the clutch to be on the safe side... Also tossing around the idea of going with 14's at some point and id rather just change cables once

Go with the 16 inch kong bar and these. I went with 14 in bars and while I like them I wish that I would have gotten the 16 in ones. they also have these pre made custom cables in all sizes.

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/b...ne-vulcan-classic-0612-1517-bars-p-29774.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts