Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4th morning in a row with sub-freezing temps.... actually had to put on a long sleeve shirt to go to work lol.. Have to change the fluids and then take the bikes to storage for a long nap:crying2: Only good thing is that the bugs are all gone and the cool temps are good for shooting/hunting :devil2:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aarrghh! Maybe the brain is frozen too lol! Well, hopefully the Admin will move it to the V2K forum where it belongs...?0:)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks to the Admin for correcting my mistake!

Put the bikes into storage last night after work..... sad to see them in there this early in the year but it is supposed to rain tonight (and freeze) then rain tomorrow (and freeze) and then snow on Monday...:crying2: It is gonna freeze likely every night now thru Halloween so no chance for a reprieve lol.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I hope everyone in the damn country OUTSIDE of Houston is enjoying the beautiful fall weather...

For the last 4 days, we’ve hit 100 and 101 heat indexes...

“Hopefully” this Sunday the much anticipated cold front comes in, which will drop the temps into the upper 80’s - and yes, we’re happy about that...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ah you southern boys complaining about temps in the 100s.
You'll never hear me complain when that happens here and it does a few days!

Now if only we could get into the upper 50s.
We've been stuck in a rainy cool thing for 3 weeks.
And it snowed inches in the northern part of the state last week!

Oh global warming!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Snow again last night (sigh).... not much but certainly a portent of things to come! I spoke with another semi-retired oilman last night and he suggested I rent storage in Vegas for my big bike. He ships his with a group of 9 other guys on a bonded carrier who has a storage business there. $1000 gets the bike to the yard and into a unit. Apparently there is monthly rental fee and some insurance requirements but we can fly out of the bush and into Vegas for $200. Couple of days riding to get to Port Aransas and the Pelican Landing bar:devil2: Beats shoveling....

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
UMMMM sorry about y'all up north

ahhh , 64 to 84 F for the last two weeks. Really unless the weather is inclement ( maybe a weeks worth of snow all year here on the coast) I will do day rides all year.I am old with a bad heart so I don't do much riding if its less than 40F. But as long as its daylight that's not an issue.

82°F
Hi: 83° Lo: 71°
(Feels like 87°F)
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 74%
Dewpoint: 73°
Heat Index: 87°
Wind Direction: SE
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Sunrise: 07:08:39 am
Sunset: 06:42:19 pm
Areas of patchy fog early. Cloudy early with peeks of sunshine expected late. High 83F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday

Hi: 84° Lo: 72
Wednesday

Hi: 83° Lo: 73
Thursday

Hi: 83° Lo: 65
Friday

Hi: 76° Lo: 52
Saturday

Hi: 72° Lo: 55
Sunday

Hi: 77° Lo: 63
11 AM

81°
Humidity: 77%
Precip: 0%
12 PM

81°
Humidity: 74%
1 PM

82°
Humidity: 70%
2 PM

83°
Humidity: 67%
3 PM

83°
4 PM

82°
5 PM | 81°
| 0%
6 PM | 79°
| 0%
7 PM | 77°
| 10%
8 PM | 75°
| 10%
9 PM | 75°
| 10%
10 PM | 74°
| 10%
11 PM | 73°
| 10%
12 AM | 73°
| 10%
1 AM | 73°
| 10%
2 AM | 73°
| 10%
3 AM | 73°
| 10%
4 AM | 72°
| 10%
5 AM | 72°
| 20%
6 AM | 72°
| 10%
7 AM | 72°
| 10%
8 AM | 74°
| 20%
9 AM | 77°
| 20%
10 AM | 79°
| 20%

We're still riding the Blue Ridge and Shenandoah , put us on y'alls to do list. Just don't rub it in by wearing short sleeves. :grin2:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ah you southern boys complaining about temps in the 100s.
You'll never hear me complain when that happens here and it does a few days!

Now if only we could get into the upper 50s.
We've been stuck in a rainy cool thing for 3 weeks.
And it snowed inches in the northern part of the state last week!

Oh global warming!
We complain because we get 100 heat indexes over 5 month straight (except on days it rains)...

It rained earlier today, which brought the temp down to 91 with 69% humidity...

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
It got down to 62 one day this week. I guess winter is here.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's highs in the 60s and lows in the 30s here in the desert of south eastern WA, so I'm getting in all the riding I can while I can...soon it'll be time to change the oil and just sit on it in the garage making t-twin noises with my mouth pretending to ride it until spring time.

·
2,855 Posts
49 degrees and rain!!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Both bikes in the vault already and it hit a Canadian 70deg (18C) here:crying2:

·
Registered
175 Posts
meh, this summer was crap here. it rained almost every day in march, april, most of may, and then it rained almost every weekend throughout the summer. if next year isn't better i dont know if i'll bother riding. i barely have 3k miles on a bike i bought in march. this is total b.s.

·
2,855 Posts
Just got back from a ride. Good thing I threw a jacket in the saddle bag. Got out of the restaurant and it was a bit nippy.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A little nippy in San Antonio..... what, down to the mid 70's lol?
We, in the not so frozen yet north, are experiencing a weird fall. (I will do the metric conversion) I start my day at work with 26 F and end it with 74 F. No wonder our roads are crap with that kind of temp swing day after day. I went out to the vault and toyed with pulling the bikes back out but I know that as soon as I drop the batteries back in and siphon out the stabilized fuel we will get 2ft of snow....:frown2:

·
2,855 Posts
it suppose to stop raining here tonight. And a nice weekend, so one day riding and one day fishing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts