Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read in Motorcyclist that the V2K will disappear in 2010 . Now , I'm not sure if this means that 09 or 10 is the final model year ; my guess is 09 . Either way , the monster will be gone soon .

·
Registered
941 Posts
Well if you go to Kawi's site they only list the 2000 as a 2009 model year. Same as the 500, and the pointless 125 Vulcans. Seems the 1700 and 900 are all thats left. They should just do a 250 cruiser like they had before with the Eliminator 250.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I replied to this thread when it was first posted and I stand by my original thoughts. But.........the V2K is big. It intimidates a lot of people with it's size and power. It hasn't been a good seller in my part of the country and I believe that is the reason. In all my travels on my bike I have never seen another V2K out there. It WILL be sad if Kawasaki discontinues this model but I would understand their reason for doing so. On the plus side for those of us who have them; we will have a unique motorcycle....:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
3 models for 2010

Just check the Kawasaki website. It shows all 3 models for 2010.

LEW in Durango, CO

·
Registered
6 Posts
v2k

I've been riding my Vulcan 1600 classic for four years now. After 28,000 miles I'm sure Vulcan is my ride for life. I always thought my next bike would be a V2K, Sounds like maybe not, not new anyway. Off the subject, I have a question for anyone who might know. I would like to do some custom paint on my bike, does anyone know how to remove the Vulcan emblem from the gas tank? Is it attached with a screw, or just stuck on? I'd like to remove it without damage if possible. Thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah I just looked at their site. Now they show the Classic LT as a 2010, but the standard classic and the straight 2000 (which should be called a Custom IMO) are listed as 2009 still, along with the 500, and the 125. So maybe it is just a matter of updating their site.

I think it is weird that in the world of automotive they usually round up when it comes to engine sizes. Cuz the 2000 is a 2053 cc. Surprised they aren't calling it a 2100. It would a be a way to spread out the distance between the 1700 and it. Other then the extra 33 ft-lb of torque.

·
Registered
40 Posts
King Kong lives on!

I just got my Feb. 2010 issue of Motorcycle Cruiser magazine, and all 3 models of the 2000 are listed for 2010.

LEW in Durango, CO

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I can't ride anything smaller, like one of those 1700's er something, so I don't know what to do.

The Rocket is not an option.......a 3 cylinder turned sideways.....c'mon
not esthetically pleasing motorwise. A motor is important.

You saw what Honda did, discontinuing the VTX 1800, even if it did sound like a bubblegum machine. I won't allow the 2k to go away.

I guess I'll have to make some calls....that should do it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts