Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I have a bro that is wanting to trade his 07 honda shadow for an 09 1700 classic with only 10k on the clock

he is a big guy probably 300lbs and really needs a larger bike

it is clean, has a mustang seat, sissy bar, full cobra pipes, windshield, kawasaki oem it appears)
has a minor ding on the front of the tank, probably from a rock but other than that I don't see anything wrong with it

he rode it and was impressed...it sounded heathly, no scratches on the frame, or feelers under the floorboards...everything I see looks fine
but this will be his second bike, the honda being his first ...for a guy of his build almost any bike bigger than the shadow will be better and have more power. He did ride a 1600 classic and said the 1700 felt much better

is there anything i need to know about the 1700 classic?

he bought his shadow from this guy for 4500, and they are going to give him 5000 for the shadow on trade, and he will finance about 3800....

so right at 9k for an 09 classic - that sound right?

any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
702 Posts
The bike sounds nice but I think the price is kinda high. I paid $9000 for a brand new leftover 2011 at this time last year. My guess is he could get it for less than 8k if he pushes the issue...

The bike is nice but he will most likely want to add Ray's throttle mod in the future. There's lots of good info to be had in the 1700 forum about it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike sounds nice but I think the price is kinda high. I paid $9000 for a brand new leftover 2011 at this time last year. My guess is he could get it for less than 8k if he pushes the issue...

The bike is nice but he will most likely want to add Ray's throttle mod in the future. There's lots of good info to be had in the 1700 forum about it.
yeah that's what I thought too

but after doing the math...he could probably sell his shadow outright for 3k...they are giving him 5k

so instead of paying 9k, he is really paying 7.5k or so specially when you figure a brand new mustang seat (not that accessories hold thier value)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did he get the bike?

Element - Bought my Classic new last year. Few quirks but overall happy with bike and price. Did your bro seal the deal? Sounds like the dollars were decent. Want specifics or have questions, shoot me a message.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)
Element - Bought my Classic new last year. Few quirks but overall happy with bike and price. Did your bro seal the deal? Sounds like the dollars were decent. Want specifics or have questions, shoot me a message.
yep he got it today! also got his truck refinanced (from 12 to 6% and interest on bike was good to )

very cool...i think we are gonna throw my round air kit on his bike

what fuel processor should we pick up?

it's like biker christams! a coworker just picked up a blue vaquero left over from 12

and my klock werks flare sheild is "on truck for delivery"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts