Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Never seen or heard of them. but it makes sense. And it looks like a well made product. Not sure how the three piece system would work out. I would worry if the clips would slide around. I am trying to look at more pics of it to see how the construction of it works out.

Saddlemen seats have this idea http://www.saddlemen.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=172_388&products_id=4571 they have a couple different models. I was gonna get one for my vn750 before I got my 900.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah same concept I think just bulkier and uses stock seat as the center of it. Id be worried the sides sagged a little more with the saddlemen... 100 bucks to try hmmm

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I'd worry that it would drop supports on to the fender and end up leaving scuff/scrape marks before long. It's an interesting concept, and I'd be interested if someone could guarantee that I wouldn't end up with a scratched up fender.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a friend who has one. His wife loves it. No scuff marks and on one ride, she rode 400 miles and wasn't even sore....and that was in one day!

·
Registered
657 Posts
No way could I ever tell someone that my Butty Buddy gave me a really smooth, comfortable and fun ride:p!!! Not happening. The concept looks good, but to be honest, I'd rather have a comfortable seat to begin with... which I do:D...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I don't know... i can see a market for it.
If a guy wanted a solo or gunfighter style seat, it looks like a nice solution to pop it on for a more comfortable passenger's ride and then pop it right back off.
I very seldom have a passenger, and i like the concept.

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
I don't know... i can see a market for it.
If a guy wanted a solo or gunfighter style seat, it looks like a nice solution to pop it on for a more comfortable passenger's ride and then pop it right back off.
I very seldom have a passenger, and i like the concept.
I guess I just wouldn't trust a passenger sitting on the back of my bike secured by suction cups....that's just me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought one when I had a rebel 250 for my girlfriend to use. She used it 2-3 times and stopped using it. She said it feels unstable like she's going to flop off the side or slide off the back. Since I have bought the vulcan she has never complained about the ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts