Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a few years of trying to find an insulated mug for my pillion that both kept things cold for a while and was reachable by her, I finally came to the conclusion that drilling was unavoidable.

So I worked out a way to mount a Butler mug on the trunk that she could easily reach while riding. She likes it whole lots better than anything else we have tried because now the ice/water does not melt and warm up for at least 3-4 hours (depending on the outside temp).

If you are interested here's a link the the mod. Pick the album called "Voyager Mods - Ongoing". The Butler stuff starts toward the end.

www.flickr.com/cnclowe/sets

Waddaya think?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Always forget the little things... It's fixed now.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It started off small but after each piece removed I thought "Hey...If I just remove this also then I can add <put mod here>".

Massive scope creep.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Just getting back to your pics. Very nice job. Is the black bar a piece of thick rubber?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I had a lot of car window flag mounts laying around and an extra Kruzer Cup. I attached the cup to the base of the car window flag mount. put foam padding where it is against the paint. The wife can get to it no problem and it is just weld on with the flag mount lip over the edge of the trunk rim. Like on a car window.

After 4 years it still has not done anything to the paint where it touches. But I do change the pad every now and then... not the prettiest mount but it works...

DSCN1890[1].jpg

DSCN1891[1].jpg

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It a piece of the same type of plastic Butler uses for the mounts. I got it at a plastics supply place from their scrap bid. I had to cut it to size.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Hey Clowe, bike looks great. Can't believe you didn't install they'll passenger backrest to go with the seat for your wife.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I missed something. There is already a passenger backrest on the trunk. Which one are you talking about?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I think I missed something. There is already a passenger backrest on the trunk. Which one are you talking about?
Kawasaki accessory tall backrest like I have on my bike.
I mean, the bike already had a seat, bit you replaced it. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts