Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny stuff today.. we stopped in for lunch, and somehow, as I got off the bike, I hit the switch for the driving lights... which are still, for various reasons, wired straight to the battery. I didn't notice, so of course, when we came out, the battery was dead. Well dang, right? My wife, being no princess, offers to try and push start me (she's not quite at that level of learning yet that I could push her). She gives it one try, and it's a near thing, but no go.
Suddenly, across the parking lot come a couple of guys... they're offering to push, but the one guy has to get his dig in.. and I'm expecting a "jap crap" comment or something... and then he says "HUH.. shoulda bought a Kawasaki, you wouldn't have these problems".
There's a moment of silence, and then the wife and I start laughing, and I say "But it IS a Kawasaki! I killed the battery, it's my own damn fault"... He stops... looks... and just shakes his head. 2 pushes later, she's purring like a kitten and they're waving as we holler our thank yous.

LOL.. "shoulda bought a Kawasaki"... why, yes, yes, you're absolutely right, sir!
As I looked at the bike when we got home, I realized that the ONLY badge that isn't still on it is the Kawi name plate from the right side cover.. it went when I put the chrome covers on. It's very.....very...obviously not anything but a Vulcan. HILARIOUS.. he assumed that just because it wouldn't start, it couldn't be a Kawi. Now THAT is the rep I want for my fave brand!

If you're out there, buddy.. thanks! With your help, we enjoyed the rest of the most beautiful riding day we've had all year... there are still good people out there.

·
Registered
538 Posts
My bike has been accused of being a Harley several times but a majority of the time people are praising my *VICTORY*.....ya just can't win.:mad:

·
Registered
450 Posts
My bike has been accused of being a Harley several times but a majority of the time people are praising my *VICTORY*.....ya just can't win.:mad:
when I was back in SC my 900 was accused of being a victory several times, only once a harley from other bikers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You know they say a Victory is American made, but the last one I looked at had a made in Japan stamp right on the side of the engine case.

Couple of years ago, I noticed a guy on a new harley, broke down in a parking lot. Under a shade tree on a saturday. I came by later, and there was a guy fixing it, and he rode there on a Kawasaki. Just kinda stuck in my mind.

Around here, the Harley Shop put a biker bar right next to their shop. Makes me laugh.

Happy Trails

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
That's priceless in my book.

I've had quite a few folks tell me my Blue/Back Voyager looks like a Harley from a distance. I proudly tell them it's a Kawi all the way.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts