Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my new to me Vulcan has the beach bars installed which look awesome & badass but I have 2 minor issues with it.
First they are so wide that I have trouble getting it to my parking area if my wife has parked the car *cough* misaligned (which she usually does).
Second and most important I am 1.90 m tall and I feel I am leaning a bit forward when riding with these bars. On my previous Vulcan 400 classic I had the stock bars along with 2" risers and the change is dramatic.
Now I have the factory handlebar and was thinking about putting them on along with new grips as the ones on the beach bars are all metal and it feels kind of slippery, OR put some straight risers on the current setup and carry the car keys, too.
Anyone with input on these thoughts?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I put 3.5" risers on mine and we are just about the same height. I like the way they now let me sit back instead of leaning forward. 3.5" was the biggest risers I could use with out changing out the cables

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, but you used the stock bars if I am not mistaken. I wonder what would be like to raise the beach bars I now have on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts