Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all,

Quick question for you (and excuse my ignorance): why do a lot of the suppliers say that the bullet/spike air filters can only be used on FI model Classic? I'm running Cobra slash pipes and have already jetted up, but lost as to why they're not available for carby models... can anyone explain it to me, please?

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi RastaPasta!

Thanks for your response. My bike is a 99 1500E Classic (pic attached), basically standard configuration other than the Cobra pipes! Not sure of the difference in FI vs Carb on these... The workshop manual suggests they're not too different in location or layout...

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi RastaPasta!

Thanks for your response. My bike is a 99 1500E Classic (pic attached), basically standard configuration other than the Cobra pipes! Not sure of the difference in FI vs Carb on these... The workshop manual suggests they're not too different in location or layout...
Just a shot in the dark. Good looking bike,, btw. I like that shade of purple on it!

On a side note, I have those same pipes on my 06 1600 meanie, they sound marvelous!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I believe the frames are different on the FI vs carb models as well as wiring, mounting brackets for certain engine accessories, and so on. Lots of aftermarket products that fit FI will not work for carb models with out modification, and vice versa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts