Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may find this useless or already know this, but I seem to be hitting swarms of butterflies, bees, termites etc. Really looks bad on the front of the bike. (especially those of us with full fairings.) I wash it a lot but have to scrub to get all of the bug spots off. Well, I heard about MR. Clean Magic Erasers from a friend of mine, and just want to say it takes all of the scrubbing away. Bugs pretty much just wipe off with a little water. Sorry if this has already been brought up.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I haven't heard of that yet. Thanks
If I'm on a trip and encounter flying bugs, I will usually spray Pam on the front end.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Breakfast on the Bike?

Pam on the fairing David? Here in the FL heat (yes it has been in the 80s for more than 6 weeks) you can just add eggs and potatoes and have breakfast.

Seriously, I will try Pam during next love-bugs season, which will be here too soon. It becomes bad when you need to stop every 50 miles to clean the bike.

For those of you saying, what the hell is a love-bug, just give thank.

2012 Voyager

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
The World's Most Effective Bug Remover is.......are you ready? Hydrogen peroxide!! I $H!T you not!! I keep a small spray bottle of peroxide and a microfiber cloth in a saddlebag during lovebug season. The peroxide dissolves the bugs in seconds. No elbow grease needed to wipe the bugs off. I buy it at Sam's Club for less than a dollar per quart. Did I mention this is The World's Most Effective Bug Remover. Nothing better in the Milky Way Galaxy. Your Welcome.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Pam on the fairing David? Here in the FL heat (yes it has been in the 80s for more than 6 weeks) you can just add eggs and potatoes and have breakfast.

Seriously, I will try Pam during next love-bugs season, which will be here too soon. It becomes bad when you need to stop every 50 miles to clean the bike.

For those of you saying, what the hell is a love-bug, just give thank.

2012 Voyager
Yes on the painted parts and even on the chrome being hit by bugs.
I live in Florida too.:)

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
The World's Most Effective Bug Remover is.......are you ready? Hydrogen peroxide!! I $H!T you not!! I keep a small spray bottle of peroxide and a microfiber cloth in a saddlebag during lovebug season. The peroxide dissolves the bugs in seconds. No elbow grease needed to wipe the bugs off. I buy it at Sam's Club for less than a dollar per quart. Did I mention this is The World's Most Effective Bug Remover. Nothing better in the Milky Way Galaxy. Your Welcome.
Hmmm, now that's interesting.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I'm going to try that!! Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Another thing that works well on FL love bugs is a fabric softener sheet -- the ones you throw into the dryer with your clothes. Wet it and it wipes the bugs off quickly and easily. Also easy to keep in a saddlebag without taking up much room.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Reminds me of the days when I would take long road trips in my car. I would have something like a meatball hoagie wrapped in foil, and maybe a can of baked beans nestled on top of the engine between a valve cover and the intake manifold on the V8 engine. The food would always be at just the right temperature after several hours of driving.:)

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Another thing that works well on FL love bugs is a fabric softener sheet -- the ones you throw into the dryer with your clothes. Wet it and it wipes the bugs off quickly and easily. Also easy to keep in a saddlebag without taking up much room.
Just make sure they are USED, not new, or they scratch the $H!T out of the paint.

·
Registered
439 Posts
bugs

Wd 40 works too

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I have heard that the mr clean magic eraser will leave scratch marks if you rub hard...

I use lemon pledge furniture polish. Been using that for decades....

Lots of bugs here.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
I have heard that the mr clean magic eraser will leave scratch marks if you rub hard...

I use lemon pledge furniture polish. Been using that for decades....
Bubba, I used Pledge for years, too. Try hydrogen peroxide once; you will be surprised! It works WAY better than Pledge, to remove bugs. I still you Pledge for general cleaning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad I started this thread now. Learned a few tricks. tstorey, do you dilute the peroxide any?

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I will try out the peroxide........... good tip. As much as I cut/burn/scrape/gouge/slash myself I always have gallons of that on hand...

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Glad I started this thread now. Learned a few tricks. tstorey, do you dilute the peroxide any?
I don't dilute it. I just put a spray cap on the brown bottle and spray it right on the bugs. It fizzes up on the bugs just like it does on a cut on your skin! I also put some in a 4 oz spray bottle to take with me on the road, but I wrapped it in duct tape to keep it out of the light. Hydrogen peroxide is sold in brown bottles because it loses it's effectiveness when exposed to light.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hey guys sorry to jump in your therd but I hvae been useing plege for years and had a guy tell me about turtul wax ice spray wax. I juas spray it on a miorc towel and wipe it on everything, plastic,chrome , rubber, seat and wind sheild and it works great to me shines better than pledge. And the more you use it the sinner it gets, Works good on sheild and makes bug removeal easyer than I thought just my .02 worth.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts