Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am writing today to help create awareness of an organization that I belong to, Bugles Across America. We feel that every veteran deserves a live rendition of taps played by a Bugler. This service is offered with no charge to the families of deceased veterans.

Bugles Across America now has over 7500 bugler volunteers located in all 50 states and a growing number overseas. Since the Department of Veterans Affairs is expecting more than 1/2 million veterans to pass every year for the next 7 years, Bugles Across America is ALWAYS recruiting new volunteers.

Please take a look at the website, www.buglesacrossamerica.org, for more information or to request the services of a volunteer bugler. Regards, Roger Ellis

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have heard of your organization, and would just like to thank you for the service you and other bugler volunteers provide to former military personel.

I myself played in high school, and ever since the time I could make it to a middle "G", I played at almost all surrounding Veteran's Day and Memorial Day ceremonies, as well as a few funerals, when the survivors remembered "that kid playing Taps last November".

If I still had any of my chops left, I would gladly pick up my horn and continue what I started. Unfortunately, that isn't forseeable in the near future. It is a goal, though, and when that time comes, I will by all means contact your organization and sign up.

Thanks again for the service you do.
--Zim

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard of your organization, and would just like to thank you for the service you and other bugler volunteers provide to former military personel.

I myself played in high school, and ever since the time I could make it to a middle "G", I played at almost all surrounding Veteran's Day and Memorial Day ceremonies, as well as a few funerals, when the survivors remembered "that kid playing Taps last November".

If I still had any of my chops left, I would gladly pick up my horn and continue what I started. Unfortunately, that isn't forseeable in the near future. It is a goal, though, and when that time comes, I will by all means contact your organization and sign up.

Thanks again for the service you do.
--Zim
Thanks for the kind words. I retired recently and now have the time not only to devote to this volunteer work, but to practice on a daily basis to keep the chops up. If and when you have an opportunity, please tell others about Bugles Across America.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. I retired recently and now have the time not only to devote to this volunteer work, but to practice on a daily basis to keep the chops up. If and when you have an opportunity, please tell others about Bugles Across America.
I will not hesitate to. Thanks again for your service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts