Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Vn1500a. Does anyone know of a more comfortable seat for driver and passenger. Also where can i get a taller backrest. I would like to take this bike on highway trips. Is it worth it being only a 4 speed?

·
Registered
30 Posts
4 speed good or bad?
I have a 1991 Vulcan 88 VN1500a.
Recently since passed February purchased from old fella too old to ride 24,000 miles I've had my bike up to a hundred and nineteen miles an hour it still has some left , I backed it down,,,,
which is scary to say in riding but when you're on the bike it's a lot of fun !!

don't let that 4th gear bother you at all Kawasaki did tons of research mating,
that 4-speed transmission with the 91. Ur 97 is very similar to my bike with ur 4 speed
you can go 50miles an hour in first gear if you want to , wouldn't recommend,
Third gear running Interstate speeds at 80 if you feel like it.
4 th gear, 120 + mph.
Vulcans and low-end torque you can go from 35 40 miles an hour to a hundred and fifty miles an hour if your bike I do it in 4th gear it's got that kind of torque in low speeds up to high speeds the only dying thing I don't like is the p o g,,,,,plastic oil gear,,,,,,
Why would Kawasaki put a dime piece of plastic for gearing in a bike

beats the heck out of me.
Luv my 88 Vulcan tho, lol
If you find a place to buy a higher backrest please drop me a line let me know I'm having the same problem

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you're concerned for the passenger's comfort, go with Mustang. Corbin gunfighter will begin to hurt after a few miles. I had to buy a second seat cause the wife was bitching about the Corbin seat. I sat on it and immediately felt what she was complaining about.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Good to know mustang , is she happy with ride?
I actually picked up a used Kawi touring double saddle. The trick is the super thick rear cushion. Mustang has it, Corbin doesn't. And yeah she loves it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're concerned for the passenger's comfort, go with Mustang. Corbin gunfighter will begin to hurt after a few miles. I had to buy a second seat cause the wife was bitching about the Corbin seat. I sat on it and immediately felt what she was complaining about.
Where did you find a mustang seat to fit the vn1500a? On mustangs site all i see is the vulcan classic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually picked up a used Kawi touring double saddle. The trick is the super thick rear cushion. Mustang has it, Corbin doesn't. And yeah she loves it.
Where did you find the kawo touring double saddle that fit?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
Where did you find a mustang seat to fit the vn1500a? On mustangs site all i see is the vulcan classic.

I have a different bike than you. Looks like Mustang no longer makes it for your bike. You're going to have to dig in the deeper parts of the internet for another option or go custom.

Where did you find the kawo touring double saddle that fit?

Bought it used off another member.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts