Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want a Bluetooth speaker to match up with my phone. I like to listen to music when im on the long rides. Would be a plus to be able to answer ny phone also.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I would assume most ones on the market now are but it never hurts to check and see what BT profile the headset and phone will understand. I have the scala rider team set pro. They will take and receive calls but wont do music, but most of their others will. I the the profile for playing music is AD2P.

·
Registered
38 Posts
+1 on the Sena models. The SMH5 is the entry level and is what I have and am very impressed with. I use it riding alone to listen to music, GPS and even take calls (they can't tell I am on the bike). When riding with the Mrs., we use it to chat back and forth. We can even "share" the music so she hears what I hear.

The SMH10's do all that with more range and the ability to add more sets to the chat. If you have the cash the 10's are the way to go.

The thing I like about the Sena is you can upgrade the firmware and they just released a version that will allow the Sena to communicate with other brands.

Check out Revzilla.com for in-depth reviews and videos on most of the brands.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought the dual pack of the Uclear HBC200
Awesome set
Boomless mike and it works great for the wife and I
The range is great. we get separated by red lights every now and then, but we can keep talking.
It plays my phones music and sounds great.
And it has voice recognized call pick-up. All I have to do is say hello when it ringing and it auto answers the phone.
Great battery life too.

Uclear HBC200

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I bought the dual pack of the Uclear HBC200
Awesome set
Boomless mike and it works great for the wife and I
The range is great. we get separated by red lights every now and then, but we can keep talking.
It plays my phones music and sounds great.
And it has voice recognized call pick-up. All I have to do is say hello when it ringing and it auto answers the phone.
Great battery life too.

Uclear HBC200
I too am considering a BT head set, and this one with the features described sounds good.

Do the others mentioned here have the 'Hello" feature to answer calls?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Music only...

I also only wanted music. I wound up buying a Jumbl bluetooth unit on Amazon for like $20.. it lets you plug in your own headphones. I hacked up a set of Skull Candy and installed the speakers in my modular lid, and then I just use earbuds with my half helmet. It works great, and is cheap as can be. Put some Velcro on the helmets by the left ear and a bit on the back of the Jumble and stick it to your head. Off ya go!

It also has a built in mic, but being outside the helmet, it's nearly useless while going down the road...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sena SMH10 here too. Have been using it from 2 seasons and it is amazing. Now with there latest firmware update you can connect to any bluetooth communicator from any company.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts