Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

I picked up a new to me 2009 Vulcan 500 today. About a 2 hour ride home on the trailer. It's in real nice shape, less than 2300 miles. I'm going to go through some routine maintenance in the next week or two and I have a couple of questions.

Since the bike doesnt have a center stand, can somebody recommend a motorcycle stand that will fit the rear? Are they all pretty much the same or is there a specific type needed?

The bike also has some type of fittings on the triple tree, I think they were used for a windshield, but hopefully someone can recognize it? I'll probably put some type of screen on it, more curious than anything else.

Here are a few more pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I think those brackets are from a memphis shades windscreen, supposed to be a type of quick release system. Would have been nice to have that screen, but I put a national cycles version on it instead. Blocks the wind some, so it helps at 55.

I also picked up a front wheel chock for about 50 from Amazon. Actually works pretty well, holds the bike mostly vertical which helps in the tight confines where its parked.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
The fittings on the tree are definitely for a windshield. I bought a stand that was pretty cheap, and does the job.
ZENY 1100 LB Motorcycle Center Scissor Lift Jack Hoist Stand Bikes ATVs Scooter Crank Stand https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01860HLCU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_LF1WBbGAVTY6E

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Now that is a slick jack! Haven't seen that one before. I have the hydraulic lift from Harbor Freight that works really well but it's big and heavy. Takes up a lot of space. I also have the swing arm lift from Harbor Freight. It works but the brackets suck. They bend and just don't fit this bike well. I seldom use it any more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like that chock. How secure is it? Looks like it could be pretty useful on my porch where I park mine

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It's pretty stable, not hard to roll the front wheel up under power or not. Has rubber feet so it doesnt slide around much if at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts