Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Yesterday my brother got into an accident. A turning F250 forced him to swerve and he ended up running into a Jeep stopped at a light, of course the F250 took off. He has a small cut on his forehead and his wrist is a little banged up. Luckily we are an ATGATT family...

He is fine, he hopped up and asked the Jeep driver if was OK (angels with him, and the bell my wife got him worked) but the forks and handle bar of his 2009 classic are damaged. The bike was not ridable. Ironically, it was ride to work day yesterday and he was enjoying his day off...

Can you guys point me where can we source parts to get him back on the road?

Ride safe guys...

thanks,
truckie453

·
Registered
343 Posts
Glad he is OK, it's getting old that these drivers cause accidents then just drive away,like us bikers didn,t even exist.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sorry to hear about your brother's mishap, but it's good he came through relatively unscathed.

Your best bet for parts would probably be a bike scrapyard if you don't want to buy direct from the dealer.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind words guys...

Is OEM the way to go? Are there after market fronts ends he should consider?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forks by Frank is an excellent alternative, about half the price of OEM
Thanks I will have my brother check them out. I wish he had installed the headlight modulator when I installed mine. Maybe things would have been different.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Glad he is okay. I got a lot of OEM parts through CheapCycleParts.com. They had the best prices and the service was excellent.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've purchased most things for my bike on e-bay. The parts I couldn't get I've asked the vendors offering parts on e-bay. Your brother could save hundreds if he does a bit of homework.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts