Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i broke the clutch cable on my 07 custom....i ordered one from bike bandit...its on back order so hopefully it wont be too long. my question is in the manual it says to remove the exhaust to remove the cable... it looks like i could reach it without removing the exhaust. any one change theirs out and if so did the leave the exhaust on....i leaning towrd taking it off just to make it easier. its not a big deal, but time wise is it worth doing. also im looking at maybe going stainless on all the controls. dont really have the money right now but if this cable is on backorder for more then a few weeks im not going to want to wait. anyone know of an easy kit at a reasonable price for all the cables and brake lines .

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what you looking to get for it ...seems they are on backorder and i cant get an answer as to when it might be shipped ...pm me if youd like.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Barons makes a kit for the vn900 with throttle (push, pull) and clutch plus brake lines for about 350. But they are just SS steel. For the same cash you can get barnetts platinum which looks like chrome and goodridge brake lines.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No, you do not have to take the exhaust off. It does take a little more time to get a round with it still on though. If you do take it off make sure to get a new crush gasket from the dealer at about $2 each.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My buddy was pulling out of my garage and his clutch cable had about 3 strands left holding it together at the lever. Fortunately for him I had my stock cable lying around from putting apes on mine. Anyway, it's much much easier taking at least the bottom pipe off, both if you're on the stock pipes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts