Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I picked up a '96 Vulcan 80. The bike sat for 4 years so the first thing I did was take apart the carb. While taking everything apart, I noticed the bracket below was broken. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?

Also, where can I find the gasket seen on the adapter to the Hypercharger? I see Kuryakyn has one on their website but I didn't know if it could be found anywhere else.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi! Sorry for the loss ;)
You can try to search it using part numbers. So, if You have a VN800A, then the plate part number is 13270-1388. Don't forget about a small damper 92160-1605. It holds the carb in its place and prevents vacuum leaks at manifold.
https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/kawasaki-parts/motorcycles/vn800-1996/air-cleaner-582188.aspx
I don't know anything about that gasket. Seems like it's far from original ;)
Depends on location, any bike part can be bouht here: https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/

·
Registered
234 Posts
Where are You from? If You will order from that motorcyclespareparts.eu, be sure to check shipping costs first!
If You are in the USA, probably it will be worth to search for another shop.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Actually, I have everything on stock. I just said, I would make such a gasket myself if I would need one ;)
If You have no technical rubber, try an old tire tube rubber. Theoretically, It should also be OK. It will not be affected by excessive heat or direct fuel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Morning tehnis. I was actually asking op if he had done it with the hypercharger. There are 4 pieces that all require a gasket to attach the hyperchatger. I have had mine about 4 years and during a carb rebuild, noticed it was time for new gaskets.

Also, SidNoble, are you having Ny issues with the hypercharger? My intake (flaps?) have stopped closing. I hear it's a common problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts