Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
COOL...keep it goin. The 1700's get better with age!!

RACNRAY

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm about to turn 17k on my green beast! You know we're only about 60 miles from one another, we should get together for a ride. I'm up your way from time to time, or if you ever take a ride down here to Starved Rock in Utica IL let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
diehard rider.....

Your post hit me with an idea. We would all be surprised how close other forum folk live close enough to ride with from time to time. This forum connected me with the first person I got to ride with after I moved to Texas. He lives about 50 miles away, and we get together and ride a lot. He no longer owns a 1700 and went by golfnutt in here.

I just wished everyone would put the city/state they where they live in their signature. A lot do, more do not. Some only state, most not.

Someone could start a thread for each state and just let us know what city in that state they live. A good place to close forum riders a possibility to meet. Start a 1700 rider group.

Example:

I could start a thread simply called Texas and say I live in Corsicana (in my signature) and my real name is....... er... Bubba (who'd a thunk?)

Then anyone old member or new, living in a listed state could go in there, introduce him/her self.

That way we don't waste other thread space with "hey I live 40 miles from you" like I and others have done. Plus if you have notices activated, whenever someone adds a post to your favorite state/states, you will get the usual post notice...

Just a thought.... I have seen it on other forums....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm about to turn 17k on my green beast! You know we're only about 60 miles from one another, we should get together for a ride. I'm up your way from time to time, or if you ever take a ride down here to Starved Rock in Utica IL let me know.
Yeah we should get together, I am on vacation this week so I have some free time. Today I have plans and tomorrow I will be busy between from 3 to 4 and then I have a wedding to go to on Saturday, but the rest of the time I am free. Wednesday I am thinking about going to the Tilted Kilt in Roselle for their cruise night

BTW, I think I seen you a few weeks ago as I was out and about with my wife, we did wave to each other since we were going opposite directions. Either that or there is another green Vaquero in our area, but that is the only time I have seen another one.

Also, I will be passing the 3000 mile mark today.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yeah we should get together, I am on vacation this week so I have some free time. Today I have plans and tomorrow I will be busy between from 3 to 4 and then I have a wedding to go to on Saturday, but the rest of the time I am free. Wednesday I am thinking about going to the Tilted Kilt in Roselle for their cruise night

BTW, I think I seen you a few weeks ago as I was out and about with my wife, we did wave to each other since we were going opposite directions. Either that or there is another green Vaquero in our area, but that is the only time I have seen another one.

Also, I will be passing the 3000 mile mark today.
Sorry but I haven't been up in your area in awhile and if it was me I would've turned the bike around and chased you down. lol! We'll have to get together for that ride I need a Facebook photo of both of our bikes together. lol!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry but I haven't been up in your area in awhile and if it was me I would've turned the bike around and chased you down. lol! We'll have to get together for that ride I need a Facebook photo of both of our bikes together. lol!
Just let me know when.

Here is a pic of my dash before I shut her down for the night.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts