Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one running this tire ? Had a flat on a trip and thats all they had to put on it. My commander 2 had 9000 miles on it and looked like it would go another 9000. What a shame

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Any one running this tire ? Had a flat on a trip and thats all they had to put on it. My commander 2 had 9000 miles on it and looked like it would go another 9000. What a shame

Just had a Bridgestone Excedra Max replaced on my Vaquero with a Michelin Commander II. The Max got about the same mileage as the standard Excedra which is to say around 7500-8000. I must say the Michelin sure feels good!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The excedra is what comes on these bikes from the factory. I am running the excedra max on the front and now a commander II on the rear after 2 Dunlop E3s on the rear.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The excedra is what comes on these bikes from the factory. I am running the excedra max on the front and now a commander II on the rear after 2 Dunlop E3s on the rear.
I meant Excedra Max. Two wheel did you ever run one on the rear.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
commander

I just had a Bridgestone put on the rear. Picked up a nail. My dealer said the Commander II would not fit. Can someone give me a size for next time. I had that tire on my Venture and loved the smoothness.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I just had a Bridgestone put on the rear. Picked up a nail. My dealer said the Commander II would not fit. Can someone give me a size for next time. I had that tire on my Venture and loved the smoothness.
What the dealer really meant to say was that the Commander II does not come in the stock tire size. The exedra is the only tire in the stock size. The Commander II is a little wider so it does get pinched when fitted on our rear rims which causes the profile to round out more. Even when touching the floor board feelers to the pavement I will never use all the available rubber on this tire. Hopefully it lasts as long as the E3s I have run.

OEM tire size is 170/70B16

The Dunlop E3 I ran is 160/80B16. It was a little difficult to seat the bead, but the tire was a little taller that corrected the speedo and because it was a little narrower the tire had a flatter profile so more tire was in contact with the road up until you were scraping floorboards.

The Commander II I now have on the bike is 180/65B16. Our bikes are designed to run Bias Ply tires, so that is what I run. Others will have other opinions.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
The Kawasaki Dealer installed my Commander IIs over a year ago, have around 12 K on them, they ride and handle great. Looks like I got at least another 5 K left on the rear and even more on the front tire.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The Kawasaki Dealer installed my Commander IIs over a year ago, have around 12 K on them, they ride and handle great. Looks like I got at least another 5 K left on the rear and even more on the front tire.
I hope that is correct because that would be 1000 miles better than my E3. But, the E3 did cost less.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks

Appreciate the info twowheel. I live down a gravel road so my tires get eaten up faster than normal. The commander does last longer. I noted the size and will get it next time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts