Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never owned a new (ish) bike before. Wondering what break in services are required at the 500 mile and 1000 mile marks, if any. It's technically a used bike because it was a trade in with 120 miles on it so I didn't get any info straight from the Kawasaki dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the manual, it doesn't seem to specify what exactly will need to be done at each of the break in intervals, just a routine checklist. My friend's Indian had to get major stuff done during break in, like valves adjusted and gaskets replaced. I don't trust the local Kawi dealer to not try and scam me on it.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I guess I don't know what you're looking for then. My 06 manual spells out all of the service requirements at each mileage interval.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Regular maintenance schedule yes. But specific things have to be done at the 500 and 1000 mile marks and I don't know what all needs to be done. Owner manual doesn't specify what work, just that it's important to do it...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turns out no specific work is required after 500 but an oil change at 1k isn't a bad idea. But that 500 service was not cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts