Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick and easy question, title said it all.

Brand new 2013 vulcan classic 900, ordered V&H pipes. Do I really need to replace the gaskets like everyone says when you add aftermarket exhaust?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Each pipe is made just a little different. For a couple bucks per, why not change them? To not change them and find out that you should have can delay the excitement of the first ride with the pipes.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
+1 on changing the gaskets. Even though your bike is new, the gaskets have been compressed and you would run the risk of a leak reusing.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Each pipe is made just a little different. For a couple bucks per, why not change them? To not change them and find out that you should have can delay the excitement of the first ride with the pipes.
Consensus leans towards replacing them. Better to be safe then sorry. That's what I like about this forum...keeps me from being complacent.

·
Registered
658 Posts
IMHO for a few dollars (I think it was less than $10.00) I changed mine when I put my pipes on.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you don't use new gaskets and u have a problem, the first thing folk will ask u is "did u use new gaskets?" Better now than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
270 Posts
agreed...cost is very minimal $8 and some change.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the V&H Twin slashed. Preventative maintenance, I spent $8 dollars on new gaskets. You should too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gaskets were flawless so I didn't replace them.

Why new pipes? For sound and performance. And I guess looks too...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a BAK and fuel pak on the way so we will see how much of a difference the pipes really make!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I search around for the best price...

Motorcycle superstore
West End motorsports
Mean cycles
Phat performance parts
Dennis kirk

The options are endless really. All it takes is a google search.

Both run around $250-$275 each.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I didn't replace mine too. But I had leak from the front header so I readjusted the pipe & now there's minimum leak. What are the risks I'm facing for leaving it as it is now? Is adding another gasket would solve it? Cause I read somewhere having 2 gaskets in one header might solve the leakage issue...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts