Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that with mountain bikes you should not hear the brake pad rubbing the rotor at all when the wheel spins freely, it should be the same with a motorcycle right? I lifted my bike to change the oil and when I spin both tires, you hear the rubbing. Is an adjustment needed?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I encountered the same thing myself. I went to a local dealer and talked to them and they said it was normal for all cruisers for there to be a little friction (drag) on the calipers. I think they are full of it personally. I replaced my front and back brakes, cleaned the calipers really well and haven't noticed it since.

·
Registered
719 Posts
There's a few things you can do: 1) Clean the pins that the caliper rides on; 2) You can use anti-squeal on the the stationary pad to keep it glued in place; 3) Flush and replace the brake fluid. The caliper should center with maybe only an occasional rubbing. My front rubbed when new. I had to put a thin film of water proof grease on the front caliper pins since the caliper was too tight.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I encountered the same thing myself. I went to a local dealer and talked to them and they said it was normal for all cruisers for there to be a little friction (drag) on the calipers. I think they are full of it personally. I replaced my front and back brakes, cleaned the calipers really well and haven't noticed it since.
I swear that dealers are brainwashed to automatically answer "that's normal" for anything. I think if came in with my bike on fire they would say "that's normal, it's for built in heating during the colder months."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts