Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is that the brake light does not work and at the same time the left indicator flashes very fast an only the front one. Can someone point me in the direction were to start looking for the problem. All the light bulbs are ok.

/ F D

·
Registered
445 Posts
FD,

The bulbs may look OK upon inspection but still have a broken filament. If one is flashing faster and you have not upgraded to LED bulbs you most likely need to replace the signal bulb. If you have LED's you'll need a load equalizer. Run a search many others have gone through it.

The brake switch can be adjusted. You did not mention if the hand brake or foot brake. Look at the two black insulated connections next to the hand brake to make sure they are properly seated. You can slightly pinch them with pliers if they happened to have loosened on their own for a better connection. Also, you will see at the foot pedal there is an adjustment point which will change how the brake switch operates. My guess is the insulated connection on the handle bar, mine backs off once a season.

Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but it is both hand and foot brake light that does not work. And the bulbs are ok, they are tested. And forgot to mention that only the front left light is flashing and the rear is dead, bulbs are tested here also.

/ F D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts