Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I may be beating a dead thread here, but I have looked everywhere and have found lots of mention about dragging brakes. My question is regarding the quick shudder I get in the front end when applying the brakes at slower speeds, more noticeable when applying the rear brake first, I know it's not a warped rotor as right after it does it, everything is somewhat smooth again. My local dealer says the demo Vaquero they have does the same thing,,,,,any suggestions?

·
Registered
256 Posts
might be the KACT kicking in and applying the front brake or the rear brake if you are applying one only. I notice it grabbing on my 2015 at low speeds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmmm,,a little un-nerving in some situations, I also have a 2000 Honda CBR1100xx Blackbird with linked brakes, and smooth as butter,,,lol

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Do you have an ABS equipped bike? Not all year Vaqueros do. Mine has ABS and I occasionally get that. So does my stepdads BMW with ABS. It likely is the KACT system, not just the linked brakes but the ABS system as well. You get used to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback guys, ya I have the ABS equipped Voyager, and will just have to deal with it,,,,,,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts