Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Its time to change the brake pads and I was going to have a go at doing this myself.

What types / makes would you recommend for the VN900 custom 2009.

Thanks,
Andrew.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have used "EBC's" as well. The "organics" which are very silent and wear real well. Braking is excellent.

Denis

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I went ahead and ordered myself some EBCs, hopefully I'll be able to work out how to fit them easily enough lol.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
You'll be surprised at how easy it is to change the pads out.....

·
Registered
782 Posts
Do you need to suck out some fluid from the reservoir prior to pushing the brake piston back in place? On a car, there is enough displacement of fluid that it can run out the top of the reservoir and make a mess. I don't want brake fluid on my handlebars and tank.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you have added fluid since the last change then you may have to draw some out. Typically if your fluid level is at the high mark with fresh pads it will end up on the low mark when it is time to replace the pads. Of course that doesn't apply if there is a leak.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It`s been my experience that the EBC pads are slightly thinner than the stock pads, so just pushing them back into the caliper should be ok. But just becaue they are thinner, doesn`t mean they wont last. I had over 17k on my last set of fronts on both of my Triumph`s (Sprint ST & Trophy 12)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts