Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put new brake pads on my bike. The dealer want over $40.00 per set, ebay has they for under $20.00 for both sets. Has anybody used the ebay brake pads before?

·
Registered
48 Posts
why skimp on $20 for a safety feature? also how much is shipping from the e-bay seller $10? better off getting them local IMHO

·
Registered
213 Posts
DON'T DO IT !!!!
I bought a set of EBC of ebay when it was time to change my rears. I found out that they are too hard on the rotor, which ended leaving grooves on it. And I made sure I got the double sintered, because it was the best option.
Anyway, when it was time to do my front I ordered OEM pads online. I can't remember from where... And as soon as I found a set of OEM for the rear I swap them back for the EBC.
All that been said, I would stick with OEM brake pads, but that's just me...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I also replaced my OEMs with EBC last year. I'm planning on throwing them out and buying Kawi's this year. I bought my EBCs from a reputable dealer and paid $45 a set so I'm out $100 and very unhappy! Don't buy EBC no matter where you get them or how much you pay!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got a set of volvar pads from ebay last year $19 and they worked great. Just as good as oem to me. Never have used ebc on street bike.Like TC said they are hard.They work good on dirt bike.I don't rember the seller,they came from japan.Free shipping but did take about 2 weeks I think.If you want oem I am sure you can find them on line at better price than going to the stealer.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've used the EBC Organics (FA229 (front) / FA231(rear). They've been excellent. Great braking power, clean, and quiet. Rotors are in great shape. I've used the same organic pads on my previous motorcycle. Same great performance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
+1 on EBC organics, using them on Vulcan from first exchange, and on all other bikes. Sintered are hard on rotors and they aren't performing good until they warm up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts