Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I bought EBC Double-H Sintered Brake Pads from motorcyclesuperstore.com but now I have a question.

On that site when you filter to the 1700 Vulcan Voyager, there are two selections front and right, I bought two sets of the front but should I have bought one front and one right for the front tire? Does the right caliper use a different pad than the left caliper?

Here is a link to the site http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/14/137/11048/24397/PITEM/EBC-Double-H-Sintered-Brake-Pads-2009-Kawasaki-Vulcan-1700-Voyager-Parts.aspx

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
NO it does not. They use the same pads.
Well I see what you're talking about. Could be when they say "right" they mean right rear.
I got mine from "Phat Performance". You say you bought them already, have they come in yet?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the same thing with right vs. rear, and yes the pads have already come in I plan to install them next weekend along with doing an oil change. The other question I have is I do not see clips for the pads are there clips for the caliper?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
No clips. It's straight up installation.
Why didn't you order a rear set as well? You got the HH (like I did) but you will only have the metallic pads on the front. Unless you did the rear already.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just replaced the pads on my 2011 Vaquero.
EBC shows fa229 frnt left and fa231 as frnt right and rear.

These were NOT the correct pads for the front.
(Ive posted the correct P/Ns from a previous post)
The fa231 is the correct pad for the rear. this was determined by comparing pads on bike vs new pads in hand.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt buy the rear pads because the back doesnt need to be done yet there is plenty of pad left. I dont have the pads with me to check what the exact part number is I will check when I get home.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
I've got a set of front pads for a 2011 Vaq sitting on my shelf in the garage at home. I'll post the part numbers I got in the morning, but I can tell you the shop labeled one of the packages 'Left' and one of the packages 'Right' for me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I just looked up the parts list on Kawasaki's site and there isn't a left & right brake, there is only one listing for the front brake pads. The image looks exactly like the pads I bought as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Front Brake pad noise,,,

Was wondering if anyone has experienced this with their Vaquero front brakes,,,,,,

When coming to a stop, slowing down, stopping for a stop-sign, intersection etc.,,,,getting at times a suealing, growning noise from front brakes. This does NOT occur at ALL times, but more it seems after running for awhile, then at times even when cold & starting out!!

I've taken both calipers apart, cleaned/scuffed pads, lubed pins etc., lasts for awhile then growl or growning noise returns! Doesn't seem to be affecting brake wear, seems normal at 6300 miles, lot of pad left!!, rotors OK, No warpage!

Thoughts!???,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
I started hearing a noise as you described, T-Stock. I was out and about and just assumed it was time to replace the pads, stopped off and grabbed a pair. Upon inspection they were fine though. Cleaned things up with some brake cleaner and haven't had a problem after that. *Shrug*.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I started hearing a noise as you described, T-Stock. I was out and about and just assumed it was time to replace the pads, stopped off and grabbed a pair. Upon inspection they were fine though. Cleaned things up with some brake cleaner and haven't had a problem after that. *Shrug*.
Yeah, I know,,,,seems like it would be a NO brainer, huh?? Well, I'll jus' see what happens, going on a trip down the Smokies, middle of May,,,,should have some more miles on the bike before I leave!! Thx for the come-back!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
On that site when you filter to the 1700 Vulcan Voyager, there are two selections front and right, I bought two sets of the front but should I have bought one front and one right for the front tire? Does the right caliper use a different pad than the left caliper?
[/URL]
I think Motorcycle Superstore mislabeled the drop down on the pads you bought. If you select the DP Brakes Sintered Metal Brake Pads, the drop down for size gives you front and rear. I think the web wizard, in his haste, wrote 'right' instead of 'rear' for the EBH pads. You should be good for the front. The web wizard probably doesn't even know what a brake pad is, nor does he own and ride a motorcycle :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts