Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 900 Clasic. While riding home from work last night, I noticed my brake light was on, all the time! Luckily, made it home without getting run over by a cager, but in the daylight I have looked the system over and see no obvious problems. When I work the front brake lever, the light goes on and off as it should. However, when I operate the rear brake lever, the light comes on as it should, but doesn't go off when I take my foot off the brake pedal. I have to keep tapping the brake pedal to get the light to go off. I am going to try to clean and lubricate (?) the switch today, but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Should I try to fix the switch, or look into replacing the switch? I certainly don't want the problem to re-occur. Thanks for any help. By the way, brakes are working perfectly, it only the lights staying on that are the problem. Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have a 2007 900 Clasic. While riding home from work last night, I noticed my brake light was on, all the time! Luckily, made it home without getting run over by a cager, but in the daylight I have looked the system over and see no obvious problems. When I work the front brake lever, the light goes on and off as it should. However, when I operate the rear brake lever, the light comes on as it should, but doesn't go off when I take my foot off the brake pedal. I have to keep tapping the brake pedal to get the light to go off. I am going to try to clean and lubricate (?) the switch today, but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Should I try to fix the switch, or look into replacing the switch? I certainly don't want the problem to re-occur. Thanks for any help. By the way, brakes are working perfectly, it only the lights staying on that are the problem. Thanks
I adjusted the pedal on mine when I first got it 'cause I had to lift my foot to get to it and my light stayed on until I adjusted the brake light switch. Maybe it doesn't have enough free play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts